- I just struck upon an idea: I could use multiple Manila sites (and guest databases) to host different sections of Macworld. Now how to split it up? By issue? By year? By content area? Still thinking about this…
- It’s true- I am getting sick. I stayed home from work today, and I’m coughing, sneezing, and running at the nose… Oh well. I just hope I’m at least mostly over it by New Year’s Eve.
- I ordered DSL with 5 static IP addresses today. They’re supposed to hook it up on the 12th, barring the end of the world.
- I saw a small note on Scripting News that they had implemented preliminary support for static sites from Manila. I’m wondering what the paradigm is. Will this support scalable content as well?
Jake Savin Posts
- I just posted a new picture on Sally’s website. I really need to get a digital camera so I don’t have to scan the big pieces in sections, to be edited together. At Sonic, I used to have access to a really big scanner, but now I’ve only got an 8.5″x11″.
- I heard today on NPR that the New Years Eve festivities at the Space Needle in Seattle have been cancelled. Here’s the story on CNN.
- I’m working on getting Macworld.com running as a Manila site.
- I’ve been getting pretty sick of the financial folks at Sonic. I left there the day before Thanksgiving, and I have 90 days to exercise my stock options. At my exit interview, they misrepresented the number of options I have vested, and now I’ve been unable to get them to send me the information I need in order to exercise them. It’s been almost two weeks, and I’ve emailed repeatedly to no avail. I’ve already missed one opportunity to double my money, and I expect there will be at least one more before they dry up. Anyone have experience here? I’ve heard from some friends that it can be incredibly difficult to get a former employer to cooperate when dealing with stock options…
- It’s Sally’s Birthday today!
- It seems as though I’m coming down with something. My sinuses are irritated, and my nose is running. Gee, I wonder who I got that from…
- We’re back in green-screen colors. You like? (I always did think the green-on-black look was easy to read.)
Welcome to my new homepage.
I’ll be visiting here regularly, and posting snippets of thought, and links to stuff I find interesting.
It’s your standard weblog, but if I have some extra inspiration, I may do some slightly more interesting things.
Look around, post responses, don’t be afraid!